Re: [tr-m] Books about TR and the progressive era

  • Tweed Roosevelt
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2001
      At 02:43 PM 2/5/2001 -0800, you wrote:
      >Does anyone know of any books one could get about TR and / or the
      >progressive republican movement
      >of the 20th century?

      Our own John Gable, Executive Director of the Theodore Roosevelt
      Association, has written THE book on the subject:

      Gable, John Allen, *The Bull Moose Years; Theodore Roosevelt and the
      Progressive Party*.Kennikat Press, Fort Washington, N. Y., 1978.
    • Meyerpt@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
        Is this book available through the TRA? I have not been able to find it through ABE (used book database).

        Thank you.

        Peter Meyer
      • TRA
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
          The book is out of print, and has been for some time. You could try
          contacting Blocklyn Books, pjbbooks@..., who might be able to track down
          a copy for you. They specialize in books by/about TR, and are located in
          Oyster Bay. Other than that, you could try Ebay.

          Best wishes from Oyster Bay,

          Linda E. Milano
          Assistant Director (516) 921-6319
          Theodore Roosevelt Association Fax: (516) 921-6481
          P.O. Box 719 E-Mail: TRA_Milano@...
          Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0719 web: www.theodoreroosevelt.org

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
            George E. Mowry, "Theodore Roosevelt and the Progressive Movement"

            George E. Mowry, "Theodore Roosevelt and the Birth of Modern America"

            John A. Gable, "The Bull Moose Years: Theodore Roosevelt and the Progressive
            Party"

            Best wishes from Oyster Bay,

            John A. Gable, Ph.D.
            Executive Director (516) 921-6319