Books about TR and the progressive era

  • yafka
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2001
      Does anyone know of any books one could get about TR and / or the progressive republican movement
      of the 20th century?

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • James M Gallen
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2001
        The Autobiography of Robert M. Lafollette records the Progressive program
        in Wisconsin and comments on TR, mostly in an unfavorable way because
        LaFollette was competing with TR for the head of the Progressive
        Movement.

        Jim Gallen

        On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:43:30 -0800 (PST) yafka <yafka@...> writes:
        > Does anyone know of any books one could get about TR and / or the
        > progressive republican movement
        > of the 20th century?

      • Tweed Roosevelt
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2001
          At 02:43 PM 2/5/2001 -0800, you wrote:
          >Does anyone know of any books one could get about TR and / or the
          >progressive republican movement
          >of the 20th century?

          Our own John Gable, Executive Director of the Theodore Roosevelt
          Association, has written THE book on the subject:

          Gable, John Allen, *The Bull Moose Years; Theodore Roosevelt and the
          Progressive Party*.Kennikat Press, Fort Washington, N. Y., 1978.
        • Meyerpt@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
            Is this book available through the TRA? I have not been able to find it through ABE (used book database).

            Thank you.

            Peter Meyer
          • TRA
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
              The book is out of print, and has been for some time. You could try
              contacting Blocklyn Books, pjbbooks@..., who might be able to track down
              a copy for you. They specialize in books by/about TR, and are located in
              Oyster Bay. Other than that, you could try Ebay.

              Best wishes from Oyster Bay,

              Linda E. Milano
              Assistant Director (516) 921-6319
              Theodore Roosevelt Association Fax: (516) 921-6481
              P.O. Box 719 E-Mail: TRA_Milano@...
              Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0719 web: www.theodoreroosevelt.org

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
                George E. Mowry, "Theodore Roosevelt and the Progressive Movement"

                George E. Mowry, "Theodore Roosevelt and the Birth of Modern America"

                John A. Gable, "The Bull Moose Years: Theodore Roosevelt and the Progressive
                Party"

                Best wishes from Oyster Bay,

                John A. Gable, Ph.D.
                Executive Director (516) 921-6319