TR and Buffalo Bill

  • Jeremy Johnston
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2006
      The Cody Enterprise wrote up a nice summary of my presentation on Roosevelt's relationship with Buffalo Bill Cody.

      I do need to mention that Buffalo Bill and his wife did not divorce, as stated in the article. Buffalo Bill did file for divorce and the case did go to court; however, the judge threw out Buffalo Bill's case and he remained married to his wife. Just like teaching class, what the teacher says and what ends up in the student's notes is not always the same! I guess the same could be said for news journalists. Kit Cody, Buffalo Bill's grandson, contacted me to clarify the information on Cody's divorce and the paper is going to print a correction in the next issue.

      Here is the link to the article: http://www.codyenterprise.com/articles/2006/10/16/news/news2.txt

      Jeremy Johnston
      Assistant Professor of History
      Northwest College