Fwd: Morris

  • Edward J. Renehan Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
      I'll answer your question (below) in an e-mail to the group as a whole.

      I visted just recently with Edmund and Sylvia. Edmund's work on volume 3 proceeds apace, but should not be expected next week. Edmund has the distraction of the looming film production based on THE RISE. He and Sylvia both also have the ditractions of geographically widely-distributed (South Africa, England) relatives who are not doing well healthwise and need attention. But the work is moving along and will emerge eventually. I believe Edmund is striving for publication in 2008, the sesquicentennial year. All best, - E

      Note: forwarded message attached.

      Edward J. Renehan Jr.
           e-mail/erenehan@...

      CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail  message and any attachment(s) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), which is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you for your cooperation.

    • Tristan B. Breijer
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006

        Hi, long time reader first time poster.

        Thanks for the update Ed, I had been meaning to ask about that because I thought I heard in a C-Span Interview a while ago that it was coming out in 2006,

        but since the Scorsese film is also scheduled for 2008 it makes sense to simultaneously release the book for maximum publicity.

        By the way do you know if Morris himself is working on the screenplay of the film? Because I thought he originally wrote the book as a screenplay.

        Regards,

        - Tristan

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
            Nicholas Meyer directed Star Trek: The Movie and Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan

            --
            "When we started skating, we had no role models in Poland to follow, we just had a wish."
            -- Zagorska and Siudek, 1999 World Bronze medalist-figure skating pair from Poland
            Always remember Ferengi Rule of Acquisition Number 76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies."
            - Quark (Deep Space Nine)
            "I had forgotten that men could not see unicorns. Just because they cannot see them does not mean they do not exist."
            - The Unicorn  (The Last Unicorn)
            "Sometimes I think the universe just waits for me to get cocky."
            - Egon (The Real Ghostbusters cartoon)
            "A man is as happy as he makes up his mind to be."
            - Abraham Lincoln
            "Please try to understand before one of us dies..."
            - John Cleese as Basil Fawlty
            "Killing you is on our to do list. Please be polite and wait your turn. "
            - The Game Operation Division
            "I'm not going there to die. I just need to know if I was ever really alive."
            - Spike (Cowboy Bebop)