annual meeting in Atlanta

  • Harry Lembeck
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2006
      To Members and Friends of the Theodore Roosevelt Association,

      The 87th Annual Meeting of the TRA will be in Atlanta, Georgia, Friday,
      10/20 through Sunday, 10/22. There will be a cocktail party on Friday
      evening at Bulloch Hall, the home where TR's mother grew up, a luncheon
      and symposium on TR and His Family at the Atlanta History Center on
      Saturday, the awards banquet on Saturday evening at the host hotel
      (Westin), where our Distinguished Service Medal will be awarded to Bud
      Day, holder of the a Medal of Honor for his service to our country in
      Vietnam as a prisoner of war in Hanoi for almost six years, and also
      where an outstanding junior officer on the aircraft carrier USS
      Theodore Roosevelt will be honored. On Sunday, there will be a day
      trip to FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs, Georgia.

      We'd like as many people as we can fit into Atlanta to come. Atlanta's
      a big city, so there's room for everyone. Please go to the TRA website
      (www.theodoreroosevelt.org) and follow the link for the annual meeting.
      We've been working hard to make this a weekend to remember, and we
      hope you can join us.

      Harry Lembeck
      meeting chairman