USNA 1905 TR photo request

  • simpsonm001@hawaii.rr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2006
      Aloha,

      I am a writer/designer in Honolulu doing a book on the Pearl Harbor Navy Yard after
      December 7, 1941,
      focusing on the men--both military and civilian--who worked there salvaging 17 of the 19
      ships damaged in
      the raid and repairing/refitting the Pacific Fleet warships during the rest of the war.

      Two important characters were US Naval Academy classmates (1905) and admirals--Chester
      Nimitz and William
      Furlong. Their class graduated early, on January 30, 1905 and they were presented their
      diplomas by President
      Theodore Roosevelt. I am wondering if there are any photos of this event, especially ones
      showing TR and
      Nimitz/Furlong? I tried the USNA archives which has their senior pictures but none of
      graduation.

      Thanks,

      Mac Simpson