TR and Secret Gold Shipments

  • Martin Bayerle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2006

      Hello all,

      We are researching the “secret” loss of US Navy funds destined for TR’s Great White Fleet (then of course, known as the Atlantic Fleet).  We have more on this than is available at:

      http://www.rms-republic.com/other_cargos.html

      And, for anyone interested in the back-room negotiations on the Treaty of
      Portsmouth , we've identified a clandestine Japanese gold shipment that
      was shipped to Paris in September, 1905. This would have required TR's
      approval, and most likely involved JP Morgan and National City Bank's
      Vanderlip.

      Apparently, a sub-rosa agreement concerning the opening of the Paris
      financial market to Japan (formerly open only to Russia ) was struck.
      The subsequent Japanese loan in Paris may have been a part indemnity
      (which Russia never "officially" paid/acknowledged - for obvious
      reasons).

      More info here:

      http://www.rms- republic. com/details_ expnimp3. html

      So, for all you RJW, TR, and Morgan experts - a little bit of unknown
      history.

      Regards,

      Martin Bayerle