TR & "The Big Stick"

  • John Yirak
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2000
      To Jonathan Moore - Welcome Aboard!

      Per your request for reading about TR's foreign policy:  Try finding a copy of Theodore Roosevelt and the Rise of America to World Power by Howard K. Beale.  Now out-of-print, I found copies thru both Amazon and Barnes & Noble out-of-print searches.  You might check you local library too.

      It has been some time since I read this, but it is very thorough and covers a lot of ground.

      Happy New Year!
      John Yirak

    • Moore1883@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001
        --- In tr-m@egroups.com, John Yirak <jlyirak@t...> wrote:
        > To Jonathan Moore - Welcome Aboard!
        >
        > Per your request for reading about TR's foreign policy: Try
        finding a
        > copy of Theodore Roosevelt and the Rise of America to World
        Power by
        > Howard K. Beale. Now out-of-print, I found copies thru both
        Amazon and
        > Barnes & Noble out-of-print searches. You might check you
        local library
        > too.
        >
        > It has been some time since I read this, but it is very thorough
        and
        > covers a lot of ground.
        >
        > Happy New Year!
        > John Yirak

        John Yirak,

        Thank you! I'm going to check it out, tomorrow (if I can find it at
        our public & college library).