  • Moore1883@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2000
      What is the best book on the Teddy's big stick policy (speak softy,
      carry a big stick?) I have grown a major interest about foreign
      policy in the Imperialism era of America. I'm in High School, so I
      don't get a lot of information and I don't see any egroup on the
      topic: Imperialism in America.

      I know T. R. was big supporter of imperialist ideas with Sen. Lodge
      and Mahan, but I don't know how Roosevelt "actually" appear to the
      world, in the sense, of the cartoons of this era depicting T.R., as
      the policeman of the world (with the Big Stick). I know, Roosevelt
      was the New York City Police Commissioner and cartoonist played on
      this role. Did he appear like the policeman to the world, though?