Kudos to the TRA

  • Tim Glas
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5 8:36 AM
      This story of a young student's research for a book report made me
      proud of the organization when it came up in a Google alert. I have
      no doubt that you all made an extraordinary impression on a young
      student.

      http://www.messengernews.net/top_stories_full.asp?3854

      Cheers,
      Tim Glas
    • John Staudt
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6 7:47 AM

        Tim:

        Thank you for bringing this article to light.  We help students out all the time in the National office, probably on average about a dozen a week, college and especially lower grades.  This is in addition to non-student GP, researchers, collectors (of the last which Greg, Shawn, Peter and Gary ably assist).  Rarely do we hear of the affects of our assistance though.  I appreciate your thoughtfulness in forwarding this article along with the number of other tasks you carry more than your weight on.

        Best regards,

        John

        John Staudt, Ph.D.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6 1:33 PM
          John,
          Ironically, I was just asked by a friend about primary sources
          regarding TR and conservation to help his son who is also working on
          a National History Day project.
          Any suggestions?
          Besides TR's autobiography, what other books by TR address
          conservation? What other sources should I steer this student to?
          Any help would be greatly appreciated.

          All the best,
          John Olsen
          Ankeny, IA

          --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, John Staudt <jstaudt@...> wrote:

          > Tim:
          >

          > Thank you for bringing this article to light. We help students out
          all the
          > time in the National office, probably on average about a dozen a
          week,
          > college and especially lower grades. This is in addition to non-
          student GP,
          > researchers, collectors (of the last which Greg, Shawn, Peter and
          Gary ably
          > assist). Rarely do we hear of the affects of our assistance
          though. I
          > appreciate your thoughtfulness in forwarding this article along
          with the
          > number of other tasks you carry more than your weight on.
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > John
          >

          > John Staudt, Ph.D.
          >
          > _____

          Of Tim
          > Glas
          > Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:36 AM
          > To: tr-m@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [tr-m] Kudos to the TRA
          >

          > This story of a young student's research for a book report made me
          > proud of the organization when it came up in a Google alert. I have
          > no doubt that you all made an extraordinary impression on a young
          > student.
          >
          > http://www.messengernews.net/top_stories_full.asp?3854
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Tim Glas

          > Roosevelt
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Roosevelt+mortgage&w1=Roosevelt+mortgag

          e&w2=United+mortgage&w3=United+state+patent&w4=United+credit+card&w5=U
          nited+
          > visa&w6=Roosevelt+hotel&c=6&s=132&.sig=Dmv_MdIy_0xutUurfCfh4A>
          mortgage

          > United
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=United+mortgage&w1=Roosevelt+mortgage&w

          2=United+mortgage&w3=United+state+patent&w4=United+credit+card&w5=Unit
          ed+vis
          > a&w6=Roosevelt+hotel&c=6&s=132&.sig=B7_ZtaE3Kp87HO-G62Ifbw>
          mortgage

          > United
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=United+state+patent&w1=Roosevelt+mortga

          ge&w2=United+mortgage&w3=United+state+patent&w4=United+credit+card&w5=
          United
          > +visa&w6=Roosevelt+hotel&c=6&s=132&.sig=aU0oumRDZ9_V7_mIf_EMiA>
          state
          > patent
          >

          > United
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=United+credit+card&w1=Roosevelt+mortgag

          e&w2=United+mortgage&w3=United+state+patent&w4=United+credit+card&w5=U
          nited+
          > visa&w6=Roosevelt+hotel&c=6&s=132&.sig=lBa7kabJ3qbzeo-giuPyWA>
          credit card

          > United
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=United+visa&w1=Roosevelt+mortgage&w2=Un

          ited+mortgage&w3=United+state+patent&w4=United+credit+card&w5=United+v
          isa&w6
          > =Roosevelt+hotel&c=6&s=132&.sig=B6RMKlx7q6M6fJ-5EAMySw> visa
          >
          > Roosevelt
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Roosevelt+hotel&w1=Roosevelt+mortgage&w

          2=United+mortgage&w3=United+state+patent&w4=United+credit+card&w5=Unit
          ed+vis
          > a&w6=Roosevelt+hotel&c=6&s=132&.sig=LVtPXYH0UfZhl9TlEUPgeQ> hotel
          >

          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          m> " on
          > the web.

          > _____

        • John Staudt
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 6 1:47 PM
            John:

            Ask the student to contact me directly and we'd be happy to help as each
            project seems to have a explicit theme. We can deal more in specifics.

            Best regards,
            John

            516-921-6319
            PO Box 719
            Oyster Bay, NY 11771
            jstaudt@...

            Ironically, I was just asked by a friend about primary sources
            regarding TR and conservation to help his son who is also working on
            a National History Day project.
            Any suggestions?
            Besides TR's autobiography, what other books by TR address
            conservation? What other sources should I steer this student to?
            Any help would be greatly appreciated.

            All the best,
            John Olsen
            Ankeny, IA

            --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, John Staudt <jstaudt@...> wrote:

            > Tim:
            >

            > Thank you for bringing this article to light. We help students out
            all the
            > time in the National office, probably on average about a dozen a
            week,
            > college and especially lower grades. This is in addition to non-
            student GP,
            > researchers, collectors (of the last which Greg, Shawn, Peter and
            Gary ably
            > assist). Rarely do we hear of the affects of our assistance
            though. I
            > appreciate your thoughtfulness in forwarding this article along
            with the
            > number of other tasks you carry more than your weight on.
            >
            > Best regards,
            >
            > John
            >

            > John Staudt, Ph.D.
            >
            > _____