Re: [tr-m] New TR book in Aug '06 and question about Morris' third TR book

  • Linda A. Shookster
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
      Hi there,

      You've piqued my curiosity, Julie! Some Internet surfing reveals
      that Powell is a historian, an author, and a senior fellow at the
      Cato Institute.

      In his own words, in a 5/05 interview for Laissez Faire Books:

      "My next book will be Bully Boy: The Truth About Theodore Roosevelt's
      Legacy, to be published in the spring of 2006. I tell how he articulated
      the case for an interventionist foreign policy, how his conservation
      policies have turned out to be destructive, how he promoted regulations
      that crippled America's biggest industry, how his "trust-busting" tended
      to throttle competition, how he revived the case for a federal income tax
      with steeply graduated rates, and how he made possible loony "pure food"
      crusades against margarine, corn syrup and Coca-Cola."

      This one is almost worth browsing through just to check the logic behind
      his most unusual thinking! He's just screaming out for TedHead rebuttals
      and comments!

      Take care, Linda

      Visit nineteenth century New York by viewing my blog:

      http://oldnewyork.blogspot.com

      Laterally dated periodically!

      >   "Bully Boy", by Jim Powell, will be released in Aug '06
      according to amazon.com  Since the author appears to be
      > anti-Wilson, hopefully, this will be another pro-TR book.  I just
      hate the title of the book, however (judging a book by its
      > cover).
      >
      > Does anyone know the pre-publishing "buzz" on this book?
      >
      > Also, will E. Morris' final TR book be published before '08?
      >

      > Julie
      > TedHead from PA

      > Roosevelt mortgage
      >

      > United mortgage
      >

      > United state patent
      >

      > United credit card
      >

      > United visa
      >

      > Roosevelt hotel

      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      >  Visit your group "tr-m" on the web.
      >  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
      > to: tr-m-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com   Your use of Yahoo!
      Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

    • Michael Cawelti
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
        As if someone from the Cato Institute would write a book on how TR loved trees and helped the little guy ...  :-)

        Michael Cawelti

        Linda A. Shookster wrote:
        Hi there,

             You've piqued my curiosity, Julie!  Some Internet surfing reveals
        that  Powell is a historian, an author, and a senior fellow at the
        Cato Institute.

        In his own words, in a 5/05 interview for Laissez Faire Books:

        "My next book will be Bully Boy: The Truth About Theodore Roosevelt's
        Legacy, to be published in the spring of 2006. I tell how he articulated
        the case for an interventionist foreign policy, how his conservation
        policies have turned out to be destructive, how he promoted regulations
        that crippled America's biggest industry, how his "trust-busting" tended
        to throttle competition, how he revived the case for a federal income tax
        with steeply graduated rates, and how he made possible loony "pure food"
        crusades against margarine, corn syrup and Coca-Cola."

        This one is almost worth browsing through just to check the logic behind
        his most unusual thinking!  He's just screaming out for TedHead rebuttals
        and comments!

                            Take care, Linda

        Visit nineteenth century New York by viewing my blog:

        http://oldnewyork.blogspot.com

        Laterally dated periodically!

        >   "Bully Boy", by Jim Powell, will be released in Aug '06
        according to  amazon.com  Since the author appears to be
        > anti-Wilson, hopefully,  this will be another pro-TR book.  I just
        hate the title of the book,  however (judging a book by its
        > cover).
        >
        > Does anyone know the pre-publishing "buzz" on this book?
        >
        > Also, will E. Morris' final TR book be published before '08?
        >

        > Julie
        > TedHead from PA

        >         Roosevelt mortgage
        >

        >         United mortgage
        >

        >         United state patent
        >

        >         United credit card
        >

        >         United visa
        >

        >         Roosevelt hotel

        >   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        >    Visit your group "tr-m" on the web.
        >    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
        > to: tr-m-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com   Your use of Yahoo!
        Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      • Edward J. Renehan Jr.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2006
          1) BULLY BOY promises to be blisteringly bad, also widely unread. Next to no buzz at all.

          2) Edmund is hoping for '08 publication. He's at work.

          - Ed R.

          gardunne63 <gardunne63@...> wrote:

            "Bully Boy", by Jim Powell, will be released in Aug '06 according to
          amazon.com  Since the author appears to be anti-Wilson, hopefully,
          this will be another pro-TR book.  I just hate the title of the book,
          however (judging a book by its cover).

          Does anyone know the pre-publishing "buzz" on this book?

          Also, will E. Morris' final TR book be published before '08?

          Julie
          TedHead from PA

          EDWARD J. RENEHAN JR.

          Skype: EdwardRenehan

          e-mail: erenehan@...

          CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail message and any attachment(s) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), which is confidential and/or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this e-mail information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you for your cooperation.