Join a White House tour on 10/21?

  • mapheus2002
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2 8:25 PM
      Dear Friends,

      Three of us from Tennessee, bound for the annual meeting, would like to organize a
      group for a White House tour on Friday, October 21.

      As you may know, the requirement is for a group of ten, which makes reservations in
      advance. There are three of us from the Volunteer State at this hour. Would others like to
      sign on? Please give us the time(s) that would work for you on that Friday, and we'll try to
      pull together the cohort.

      Many thanks, and

      Kindest regards,

      Jim Summerville
      FOR THE TENNESSEE CHAPTER, TRA
    • gclinton@law.upenn.edu
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3 6:36 AM
        Jim - I'd be very happy to be part of a White House tour. I've
        never been inside!
        Anytime after 10 am would work. Gary Clinton

        Quoting mapheus2002 <mapheus@...>:

        > Dear Friends,
        >
        > Three of us from Tennessee, bound for the annual meeting, would like
        > to organize a
        > group for a White House tour on Friday, October 21.
        >
        > As you may know, the requirement is for a group of ten, which makes
        > reservations in
        > advance. There are three of us from the Volunteer State at this hour.
        > Would others like to
        > sign on? Please give us the time(s) that would work for you on that
        > Friday, and we'll try to
        > pull together the cohort.
        >
        > Many thanks, and
        >
        > Kindest regards,
        >
        > Jim Summerville
        > FOR THE TENNESSEE CHAPTER, TRA

        > --------------------~-->
        > Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
        > page
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/2YwolB/TM

      • Gloria Dunn
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 5 6:36 AM
          Hello Jim,

                My wife, Gloria, and I would love to attend a White House tour anytime on Friday.

                                                             Voorhees Dunn
          Three of us from Tennessee, bound for the annual meeting, would like to organize a
          group for a White House tour on Friday, October 21.

          As you may know, the requirement is for a group of ten, which makes reservations in
          advance. There are three of us from the Volunteer State at this hour. Would others like to
          sign on? Please give us the time(s) that would work for you on that Friday, and we'll try to
          pull together the cohort.

          Many thanks, and

          Kindest regards,

          Jim Summerville
          FOR THE TENNESSEE CHAPTER, TRA

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/2YwolB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Linda Shookster
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 5 1:00 PM
            By the way, does anyone know anything about lectures/events scheduled
            during the day on Saturday, 10/22, at the Annual Meeting?

            Thanks, Linda

            > Hello Jim,
            >
            > My wife, Gloria, and I would love to attend a White House tour
            > anytime on Friday.
            >
            > Voorhees Dunn

          • nicki_goldstein
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 6 5:38 AM
              We have a packed -- and very exciting -- schedule!

              Fri., Oct. 21
              8am Investment Committee Meeting
              9am Finance Committee Meeting
              10am Executive committee meeting
              11:30 Informal Chapters meeting over lunch (lunch not provided by TRA)
              1pm informal discussion re TR as nature writer
              2pm WHHA Speakers
              5pm Cocktail Party

              Sat., Oct. 22
              9am Trustees Meeting
              10am NPS Presentation
              11am NPS presentation
              noon Busses to TR Island start
              2:30 pm Bus tour of TRA sites
              6pm cocktail reception and silent auction
              7:30 pm dinner

              Sun., Oct 23
              10am Informal tours of Grace Reformed Church, light refreshments
              11am Service
              1pm Pine Knot Trip

              --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Shookster" <mrmoose@p...> wrote:
              > By the way, does anyone know anything about lectures/events
              scheduled
              > during the day on Saturday, 10/22, at the Annual Meeting?
              >
              > Thanks, Linda
              >
              > > Hello Jim,
              > >
              > > My wife, Gloria, and I would love to attend a White House
              tour
              > > anytime on Friday.
              > >
              > > Voorhees Dunn

            • Linda Shookster
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 6 4:03 PM
                Thanks for the update, Nicki! It looks like a fun and educational
                weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

                Two more questions:

                What are the WHHA speakers?

                Are the NPS presentations open to all who attend?

                Thanks so much, Linda

                > We have a packed -- and very exciting -- schedule!
                >
                > Fri., Oct. 21
                > 8am  Investment Committee Meeting
                > 9am Finance Committee Meeting
                > 10am Executive committee meeting
                > 11:30 Informal Chapters meeting over lunch (lunch not provided by TRA)
                > 1pm informal discussion re TR as nature writer
                > 2pm WHHA Speakers
                > 5pm Cocktail Party
                >
                > Sat., Oct. 22
                > 9am Trustees Meeting
                > 10am NPS Presentation
                > 11am NPS presentation
                > noon Busses to TR Island start
                > 2:30 pm Bus tour of TRA sites
                > 6pm cocktail reception and silent auction
                > 7:30 pm dinner
                >
                > Sun., Oct 23
                > 10am Informal tours of Grace Reformed Church, light refreshments
                > 11am Service
                > 1pm Pine Knot Trip
                >
                > --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Shookster"
                > <mrmoose@p...> wrote: > By the way, does anyone know anything
                > about lectures/events
                > scheduled
                > > during the day on Saturday, 10/22, at the Annual Meeting?
                > >

                > Thanks, Linda >
                > > > Hello Jim,
                > > >
                > > >       My wife, Gloria, and I
                > would love to attend a White House tour
                > > > anytime on Friday.
                > > >

                > Voorhees Dunn > >   ----- Original Message -----

              • Gloria Dunn
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 7 6:22 AM
                       Count us in my husband, Voorhees Dunn and I ( Gloria) Dunn) would like to tour the white house.---- Original Message -----
                  Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 9:36 AM
                  Subject: Re: [tr-m] Join a White House tour on 10/21?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 7 7:58 AM
                    The White House Historical Association is a charitable nonprofit
                    institution whose purpose is to enhance the understanding,
                    appreciation and enjoyment of the White House.

                    Speakers William Seale, Sally Stokes, and William Bushong will speak
                    on the extensive renovations during TR's administration, the effect
                    the renovations had on the family and the administration, and greater
                    artistic and architectural devleopment of the Capitol at this time.

                    Yes, NPS presentations will be open to all.

                    Best,
                    Nicki
                    --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Shookster" <mrmoose@p...> wrote:

                    > Thanks for the update, Nicki! It looks like a fun and educational
                    > weekend. I'm looking forward to it.
                    >
                    > Two more questions:
                    >
                    > What are the WHHA speakers?
                    >
                    > Are the NPS presentations open to all who attend?
                    >
                    > Thanks so much, Linda
                    >

                    > > We have a packed -- and very exciting -- schedule!
                    > >
                    > > Fri., Oct. 21
                    > > 8am  Investment Committee Meeting
                    > > 9am Finance Committee Meeting
                    > > 10am Executive committee meeting
                    > > 11:30 Informal Chapters meeting over lunch (lunch not provided by
                    TRA)
                    > > 1pm informal discussion re TR as nature writer
                    > > 2pm WHHA Speakers
                    > > 5pm Cocktail Party
                    > >
                    > > Sat., Oct. 22
                    > > 9am Trustees Meeting
                    > > 10am NPS Presentation
                    > > 11am NPS presentation
                    > > noon Busses to TR Island start
                    > > 2:30 pm Bus tour of TRA sites
                    > > 6pm cocktail reception and silent auction
                    > > 7:30 pm dinner
                    > >
                    > > Sun., Oct 23
                    > > 10am Informal tours of Grace Reformed Church, light refreshments
                    > > 11am Service
                    > > 1pm Pine Knot Trip
                    > >
                    > > --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Shookster"
                    > > mrmoose@p... wrote: > By the way, does anyone know anything
                    > > about lectures/events
                    > > scheduled
                    > > > during the day on Saturday, 10/22, at the Annual Meeting?
                    > > >

                    > > Thanks, Linda >

                    and I
                    > > would love to attend a White House tour

                               &nbs