Re: [tr-m] Departing Glory by Joseph Lawrence Gardner

  • Mary Beth Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2000
      I found it very interesting, very well-written. I read it a few years ago
      so I don't remember much about it. But it had a lot of interesting
      information about that time in T.R.'s life.
      On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:28:31 -0000, tr-m@egroups.com wrote:

      > I have just finished reading "Departing Glory" by Joseph Lawrence
      > Gardner. The book is out of print. I have been unable to find any
      > critical commentary on the accuracy of this account of TR's life,
      > or its contribution if any to the historical and scholarly record.
      >
      > Any help or personal observations concerning this work would be great-
      > ly appreciated.

      Say Bye to Slow Internet!
      http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html
    • TRA
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
        "Departing Glory" by Joseph L. Gardner is accurate and straightforward. It
        is based mostly on earlier books. It is the fullest account of TR's life in
        1909-1919 that has been written.

        Best wishes from Oyster Bay,

        John A. Gable, Ph.D.
        Executive Director TRA_Gable@...
        Theodore Roosevelt Association (516) 921-6319
        P.O. Box 719 FAX: (516) 921-6481
        Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0719 www.theodoreroosevelt.org