[tr-m] Re: TR, Statesman, Romantic

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 1999
      H.W. Brands never defines what he means by "romantic" and this inhibits
      discussion of the subject. Yes, TR had a sense of the tragic, after all, he
      had experienced tragedy as with the death of his first wife. To him,
      tragedy was bound up with mystery but virtually anything, including tragedy,
      could have good consequences. Greg Russell's observations are interesting
      and well worth considering.

      John A. Gable, Ph.D.
      Executive Director TRA@...
      Theodore Roosevelt Association (516) 921-6319
      P.O. Box 719 FAX: (516) 921-6481
      Oyster Bay, NY 11771-0719 www.theodoreroosevelt.org