TR & Edith "bashing" in Carl S. Anthony's book on Nellie Taft

  • gardunne63
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      I'm not surprised. Mr. Anthony has never spoken too kindly of the
      Oyster Bay Roosevelts.

      If one's only exposure to Edith were through the lens of Mr. Anthony,
      one would believe that Edith was a rube or ONLY interested in
      raising kids, babysitting TR, and perfecting her so-called distain of
      the unwashed masses. Mr. Anthony has to keep knocking down Edith to
      try to make Nellie in the mold of the worldly sophisticate he wanted
      her to be.

      Plus, I have no respect for a writer who refers only to our Theodore
      as "Teddy".

      Julie