New Member

  • chivajoe
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hello members, a new member joins to gain knowledge on this
      fasinating
      man. Having read two bios on Teddy and reading my third I have a
      questions that I can not seem to rationalize an adquate answer.
      The first Teddy's experience as a ranchand, military leader working
      along side different classes of people that can not be the only
      rational he had for supporting working class people. I speak of labor
      unions, consumer protectionism. What kind of influence did people
      like
      Emma Goldman have on him being pushed to progressive movement?

      The next I know Roosevelt had a goal of making Cuba but in reading I
      could not understand why was not the sister island Puerto Rico not
      even given the slightest consideration?