692Re: [tr-m] TR Study Group

  • Tim.Glas@Speakeasy.net
    Oct 2, 2003
      Well, here's the art of compromise in action.

      If we can get some national organization... say a national organization that might possibly be, say, focused on the 26th president of this great land... any such organization will do and I'm open to suggestions... perhaps if we could get one source of recomended books all could read, those with local chapters could congregate (with variable levels of formality) for a more in-person sort of exchange. Overall comments could then be shared in this or another similar forum. I've certainly enjoyed the commentary on TV documentaries as they've come out, especially when unable myself to watch the same locally.

      I know the Book Revue in Huntington (Long Island) was very supportive of a Civil War round table and may be very amenable to such a reading group. Alternatively, here in the DC area I'm thinking a pub like "Bullfeathers" might be a good place to try say Tuesday evenings.

      That said, if this is done I'd like to move from the old to the new. Alternate between new scholarship or publications and more contemporary works or TR-authored items. This may even take off yet.

      So far, Bully Idea! If enacted, I'll be sure to schedule Book Discussion nights on the TRA-DC Chapter list for those interested.

      Cheers,
      Tim