528Re: [tr-m] Contribution to "he is everywhere" thread

  • KDalt@aol.com
    Jun 4, 2003
      On an scholarly list-serv related to the Progressive Era people are asking about TR and gambling. I can refer them to my book and TR's letters. Does anyone know of a specialized study on TR and gambling? Or any information floating around in the TR family or TRA world? Other than his remarks teasing the anti-gambling investigator Charles Evans Hughes (and he had other important jobs, NY governor, later Supreme Court justice, ran for president in 1916)? I know TR made comments about stock speculation being like gambling, but I don't know if TR ever supported the several anti-gambling movements popular in his day.

      John Gable--encyclopedia that you are--can you advise?
      Thanks-

      Kathleen Dalton
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic