2545Re: [tr-m] Roosevelt in Africa (1910)

  • Genna Rollins
    Jan 30, 2013
      Dear George,

      Since TR's African Safari was a scientific exhibition funded by the Smithsonian Institution, the Smithsonian might have the film you're looking for. I suggest you contact Dr. Pamela Henson, director of the Smithsonian's Institutional History Division (contact link below). She might be able to help you.

      http://www.si.edu/ofg/Staffhp/hensonp.htm

      Kind regards,

      Genna Rollins

      On 01/30/13, George Pagliero<georgepags@...> wrote:

      Hello All,

      I am working on a documentary about the history of safari in East Africa and I am trying to locate the complete 'Roosevelt in Africa' film, photographed by Cherry Kearton, released in 1910.

      According to my research I am led to believe the original film release could have been an hour long. However I can only find short clips of film. The Library of Congress has just four short clips - between 2 and 4 minutes long whilst the British Film Institute in London, who curate many Kearton films, only have a single reel of outtakes.

      Can anyone in this forum group help? Does anyone know of another film archive that may have Roosevelt in Africa film? Has anyone ever seen a complete film?

      All thoughts and ideas will be most welcome.

      Kind regards,

      George Pagliero

      Producer, Tigress Productions, UK

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic