2429Fwd: [tr-m] What are the top five must read books about Theodore Roosevelt?

  • dcunning@suffolk.lib.ny.us
    Dec 4, 2011

    Subject: Fwd: [tr-m] What are the top five must read books about Theodore Roosevelt?
    From: "deborah cunningham" <dcc0292@...>
    Date: Sun, December 4, 2011 4:14 pm
    To: dcunning@...

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: deborah cunningham <dcc0292@...>
    Date: Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    Subject: Re: [tr-m] What are the top five must read books about Theodore
    Roosevelt?
    To: tr-m@yahoogroups.com

    Greetings,
    In my humble opinion, best TR books: the Morris trilogy, *Mornings on
    Horseback *by David McCullough, *River of Doubt* by Candice Millard, *I
    Rose Like a Rocket* by Paul Grondahl or *Commissioner Roosevelt *by H.Paul
    Jeffers (the incorruptible TR!), *Wilderness Warrior *by Douglas Brinkley
    and *A Bully Father: Theodore Roosevelt's Letters to His Children.*
    Okay, that's 6 (or 7) but hey, hard to limit on TR!
    Hope that contributes.

    Deborah Cunningham

    On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 11:40 AM, John <DRVOTE@...> wrote:

    > **
    >

    > Dear tr-m group members,
    > What do you consider the top five books ABOUT Theodore Roosevelt
    you
    > believe any self-proclaimed TR fan must read including multiple
    volume sets
    > as one book (excluding Morris' three volumes because these
    clearly would be
    > included in everyone's list)?
    > Plus, what are your top five favorite books WRITTEN by Theodore
    Roosevelt?

    --
    Deborah Cunningham
    Head of Adult Reference

    "A public library outranks any other one thing a community can do for its
    people."
    -Andrew Carnegie

    --
    Deborah Cunningham
    Head of Adult Reference
    Harborfields Public Library
    31 Broadway
    Greenlawn, NY 11740
    631-757-4200 x115
    dcunning@...
    FAX: 631-757-7216

    "A public library outranks any other one thing a community can do for its
    people."
    -Andrew Carnegie

  • Show all 2 messages in this topic