2258Re: [tr-m] Looking For Information About Doll Called Teddys Nig

    Jan 6, 2010
      As far as I know, TR did not bring an African boy back with him.  But the media, etc. went overboard about the African trip - the doll might have been a fanciful toy in honor of the event.  There were several books published about the trip - one before he even left.  It had chapters on what animals TR would see, and about the countries he would visit.

      Hope this helps,

      Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 12:59 AM
      Subject: [tr-m] Looking For Information About Doll Called Teddys Nig

      I am searching for information on a doll appraisal I am doing on a doll called Teddys Nig. The doll was made by The Byrant Box Company when Mr. Roosevelt was Ex- President and was about him going to hunt in Africa and bring back a negro boy with him. Does anyone in this group have knowledge about this doll or the boy? My husbands great grandfather rode in the Rough Riders with him and we have the original tin cup they used back then.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic