      Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:46 PM
      Subject: [tr-m] Re: TR Cartoon project

      Linda,
      I have had a couple of conversations with Wallace Dailey, the curator, regarding my project. First and foremost, they do not have a complete run of these magazines (I find this personally shocking). Wallace hinted that their collection had many, many gaps. Secondly, according to Wallace, Harvard is very protective of their material and would not allow me to scan their cartoons. Eventually, they will get around to doing it on their own but they are presently tied up with digitizing their Theodore Roosevelt photograph collection. This project sounds like it will take years to complete.
      I do thank you for your suggestion and I was surprised that the TR Collection was not more accessible for this TR scholarly project.
      I do want to note that Wallace Dailey has ALWAYS been extremely friendly and as helpful as he could be. I have and always will the utmost respect for him and all the great work he has done to preserve the legacy of Theodore Roosevelt.
      All the best,
      John Olsen

      --- In tr-m@yahoogroups. com, "Linda E. Milano" <lemilano@.. .> wrote:

      > You could check the Theodore Roosevelt Collection at Harvard - they should have a significant collection.. .
      >
      > Best,
      > Linda Milano

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic