      Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:56 PM
      Subject: [tr-m] Re: TR Cartoon project

      Rogina,
      First of all, it is GREAT to hear from you:):) How are you doing? I think about you fairly often and send prayers your way.
      Secondly, it seems that I will have to resort to taking digital images. I was told that scanning was far superior to digital photos in terms of getting the highest quality image which is important when having images posted on a website.
      Through trial and error, I am learning a few tricks about taking the best pictures I can. I truly admire the images of these magazines that can be found at www.harpweek. com and www.theodore- roosevelt. com (The Almanac of Theodore Roosevelt). They are very crisp.
      The scanning technology is out there but with library budgets getting hammered right now it will likely be a few years before they will be able to purchase the type of scanners suitable for my project.
      In the near future, I will send some of the images I already have and you can give me your opinion on them.

      All the best,
      John Olsen

      --- In tr-m@yahoogroups. com, "Rogina L. Jeffries" <RoginaJ@... > wrote:

      > What about digital photos?