2206Re: [tr-m] My New Theodore Roosevelt Book

  • Martin Bayerle
    Apr 13, 2009
      Hello Henry,

      Did you run across anything regarding the loss of $500,000 in US Navy
      funds, for February 1909 Atlantic Fleet disbursements, shipped aboard
      RMS Republic? The Republic departed New York January 22, 1909, with
      cargo for the Atlantic Fleet then at Gibraltar. She foundered at sea
      January 24, 1909, as a result of a collision.

      Regards,

      Martin Bayerle

      navhist1 wrote:

      > Alright,
      > I am going to do something I truly loath to do, self-promote. My new
      > book, "Theodore Roosevelt's Naval Diplomacy: The US Navy and the Birth
      > of the American Century" will be coming out from Naval Institute Press
      > on 1 May. If you have any interest in this book and usually purchase
      > online, could I ask you a favor? Would you please consider making your
      > online purchase on 24 April 2009? Here is the link to the book at the
      > Amazon website. If you all make your purchase on that date, the book
      > will momentarily make the Amazon top seller list on its homepage, and
      > at least give me some free publicity. I am proud of the effort, and
      > think it will make a substantive contribution to our current
      > understanding of TR's use of the naval services in his diplomacy. Here
      > is the link to amazon if you are intersted.
      > http://www.amazon.com/Theodore-Roosevelts-Naval-Diplomacy-American/dp/1591143632/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233926031&sr=1-1
      > <http://www.amazon.com/Theodore-Roosevelts-Naval-Diplomacy-American/dp/1591143632/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233926031&sr=1-1>
      >
      > Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the
      > book or its content.
      > VR
      > Henry J (Jerry) Hendrix

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic