2028Re: From a NEW Member Seeking Help.

  • Patrick J. Healy
    Jul 15, 2008
      I read this sometime ago in an article from the naval institute. It
      also was mentioned in a film about aircraft carriers called "Wings
      Over Water". I am not ABSOLUTELY certain as to it's date, but it was
      near the end of his second term. The matter never got beyond the
      discussion stage in any case. The US Navy was at that time dominated
      by Mahanian Battleship Admirals, who had little faith or interest in
      the proposal, in 1910, the more peace-minded Democrats took control
      of Congress and his parsimmonous successor, Mr. Taft, finally
      cancelled the project.

      --- In tr-m@yahoogroups.com, Henry Hendrix <henryhendrix@...> wrote:

      > When did he make this proposal in the second term? What is your
      source? I am very interested.
      > VR
      > Henry Hendrix
      > CDR, USN (PhD)