1979Re: [tr-m] Fw: [mahan] Origins of the phrase "Great White Fleet"

  • C Turner
    Apr 5, 2008
      For more info, check out the Naval Historical Center's
      website on the Great White Fleet, at
      http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq42-1.htm.
      According to this site, the Great White Fleet only
      became known as such after the beginning of the
      journey. Also, during the trip, Rear Admiral Charles
      Sperry recommended that the color of the warships be
      changed from white to gray.

      CT

      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2111/fc/REAK6ZpPaHav1Thz8QDx7MXYDgDuk8JjV8VjkA4pldXXYSe7AxQKP8/