1219Re: He is everywhere thread

  • George Behe
    Jan 3, 2006
      Hi, Linda.

      Thanks for your kind New Year's greeting. I hope you and your
      family will have a terrific 2006 as well.

      > Was there any reason given why TR was banning
      > Christmas Trees?

      I'm afraid not. The newspaper merely mentioned the absence of
      Christmas trees in 1902 and 1903 during the course of its general
      description of how the Roosevelt's spent Christmas Day.

      (Just as a speculative aside, do you suppose TR might have regarded
      the seasonal destruction of pine trees as a waste of the country's
      natural resources?)

      All my best,

      George
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic