1217Re: He is everywhere thread

  • George Behe
    Jan 3, 2006
      > Can anyone verify this?
      > > Which American President barred the Christmas Tree from being
      displayed in
      > > the White House?
      > > The correct answer is Teddy Roosevelt.

      I tried posting a reply the other day, but my posting seems to have
      gone astray somewhere down the line.

      I don't know if TR literally *banned* Christmas trees in the White
      House, but according to the Dallas Morning News there was no
      Christmas tree in the White House during Christmas of 1902.

      In 1903 there was no *family* Christmas tree in the White House, but
      Archie Roosevelt set up his own little tree in the sewing room.

      I'm afraid I don't know what occurred in subsequent years, though.

      All my best,

      George Behe
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic