11[tr-m] Brownsville, Texas 1907

  • Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette
    Jan 6, 2000
      Having now misplaced my exact reference, I've probably gotten the town
      and date wrong, but the event was that TR dishonorably discharged an
      entire black regiment because no one would come forward to take
      responsibility for a public altercation.

      TR received some negative comment at the time -- that this was a
      "racist" act -- and the decision was reversed to an honorable discharge
      by a military court some years later.

      This event seems rather uncharacteristic of TR's rather "liberal"
      nature.

      Can anyone offer an insight into why this occurred?

      Thank you and Happy New Century.

      E. Summer

      --
      AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor

      Dinosaur Central
      http://www.dinosaur.org mailto:Editor@...
      Britannica Internet Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site
      of the Day. Member of The Paleo Ring

      A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer
      http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr/bearbob.htm mailto:Teefr@...

      10024-0502