Applying for Prius financing with a low credit score.. not a good idea!

  • iusedtopull
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2006
      Hi,

      I am a manager at a large dealership in the Southeast. Recently, we
      have been seeing a lot of folks with bad credit using the internet to
      look for vehicles. I'm not saying this is bad at all. I just wanted
      people to know that if you think you have bad credit, your best bet is
      NOT to apply for credit until you have worked on your credit score a
      bit.

      There are lots of ways to do this.

      1. You can hire a professional for hundreds of dollars

      2. You can do the very same thing yourself for free!

      This will save you a lot of heartache when you go an apply for auto
      credit.

      Remember, the more inquires (credit checks) you have on your report...
      the more likely you are to get turned down for credit. So, do not apply
      for credit while you are trying to repair your report.

      Here are some suggestions for repairing it yourself:

      1. get a copy of all three of your credit reports (Equifax, Experian and
      Transunion)

      2. Look over your report and make sure everything that is on there is
      supposed to be on there!

      3. Put in a dispute for the items that are not supposed to be there or
      are wrong.

      4. Get a credit repair toolkit to walk you through the process. The best
      one I have seen is at http://MercuryCredit.com
      <http://MercuryCredit.com> It will give you a step by step way to get
      your credit score up in as little as 30 days.

      Good Luck!

      Matt

    • Michael Bender
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2006
        > Remember, the more inquires (credit checks) you have on your
        > report... the more likely you are to get turned down for credit.

        We really need to overhaul the whole FICO score system to make it
        more consumer-friendly. Why should an inquiry or even an application
        for credit detract from your credit score? That's like saying if
        you go into the local market and ask whether they have fresh sausage
        today, every time you ask the price of sausage (for you) goes up and
        the availability of sausage (for you) goes down. What a crock.

        mike

        --
        Michael.Bender@... Sun Ray Product Engineering

        I don't speak for my employer. My opinions are not necessarily those of
        Sun Microsystems, Inc. or any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries.