Re: Sleeping in a Prius

  • Michael Pardee
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2006
      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "Sam Williams" <s.c.williams@...>
      wrote:

      > You must live in a climate with which I am unfamiliar if you
      > sometimes need air conditioning while its raining.

      Ah, Arizona! (and probably much of the South.) It's pretty sad when
      summer storms don't drop the temperature below 90 degrees, and
      occasionally not below 100.

      Really, my sons slept in my old Volvo wagon when they were young. I
      told them to keep the windows down a bit, but they ignored my advice
      because the night was so cool. By morning their bedding was soaked
      with condensation from their breath. A/C would at least keep the air
      dry.

      Mike
    • pmb
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
        I further recall that Prius was voted "best car to be stuck in, in a snowdrift"

        Emissions are so low that if you're driving in Mexico City (or maybe even LA, on a bad day) the tailpipe emissions are actually cleaner than the intake air...

        Although not overnight, I've napped in the Prius on a hot day at the race track - a welcome respite from the heat, knowing I was using minimal fuel for a great return in comfort.

      • Tom M
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
          --- Ray_Vaughan_99 <ray@...> wrote:

          > Just wondering if anyone has any comments about
          > sleeping in the Prius.

          I do it occasiionally at a stop light. The thing is
          just so damn quiet. :)

          http://mail.yahoo.com