Alignment shop in San Diego

  • Patricia McAfee
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2006
      Note: The following is being posted on multiple Prius sites, so
      sorry for the duplication!

      I just got new tires on my baby at 40,000 miles (Michelin X-Radials,
      purchased at Costco), and they recommended the shop below to me. I
      went there yesterday, and I was very satisfied with their work. I
      had called them in advance to ask if they would be willing to do
      an "exact" alignment instead of just "within spec" and they told me
      that their standard IS an exact alignment. :) I hadn't had one
      done since I bought the car, and they told me it was out "just a
      skosh" (which was very likely true since the car tracked well and the
      tires wore fairly evenly).

      I did not get a computer printout since they do the alignments
      manually, but when I asked about it later they told me that they DO
      have a machine that will do a printout for when they HAVE to have one
      (i.e. if an insurance company requires it). If having a printout is
      important to you, I'm sure you could set that up in advance. The
      price was reasonable at $53.88 (it was actually $59.86, but I got a
      $5.98 discount for something--either because I was referred by Costco
      or maybe it was the type of car) and the alignment carries a 6-
      month/6,000-mile warranty.

      Here's their info:

      East County Alignment
      10741 Woodside Avenue (near the corner of Magnolia/Mission Gorge Rd.)
      Santee, CA 92071
      (619) 562-4110
      (866) 562-4110
      http://eastcountyalignment.com/

      I am not affiliated with this company in any way, and I get no
      benefit from this referral--I just wanted to pass on useful
      information to the Prius community. :)