Re: Uncomfortable driver's seat hurts back

  • lajones@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2006
      It took me awhile to find the right seat adjustment. My knee would hurt. But
      i tried several differnt settings for front to back travel and seat back until
      I found one that works. the other thing I bought were sheepskin seat covers
      from Ms Sideless www.misssideless.com/
      They are specifically designed for Prius seats with side air bags.

      Leslie

      4a.
      Uncomfortable driver's seat hurts back
      Posted by: "barbarabourgeois" barbarabourgeois@...   barbarabourgeois
      Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:43 pm (PST)
      A good friend of mine just got her new 2006 Prius Friday after I sold
      her on mine. She has always driven big luxury cars. For the past
      three years, she has had a Lincoln Navigator and the three years
      prior, a Cadillac Escalade.

      She bought the Prius, sight unseen, from out of state and had it
      delivered to her. She called me today to say that she was afraid she
      had made a mistake, because she drove on a 120 mile round trip and her
      back was killing her when she got home. She was so miserable, that
      she could not wait to get home and go to bed! She asked me how she
      was supposed to fix the seat so that it was more comfortable. She
      knew that I had a bad back and had not complained about the seats
      being so uncomfortable, so she must have it adjusted wrong!

      I told her that she was used to $60,000 luxury automobiles and
      stepping down to a $30,000 one might be an adjustment. She always had
      electric seats that has so many positions. The Prius is a manual
      adjustment with limited positions. However, I do not find them
      uncomfortable. She wanted me to ask this group if anyone had any
      suggestions for her! . . BE NICE! Is there something that she can do
      to make the driver's seat more comfortable?
      Thanks!
      Barbara

    • R.A. Hettinga
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006
        My wife found her Prius seat uncomfortable for her back also. After several
        fits and starts, she found a memory foam back cushion at the local "Relax
        the Back" store that worked like a charm. It has a big plastic "pull-tab"
        thing on the bottom that helps with adjusting it vertically on the
        seat-back. Fits right in the ladorsis of her back and solved the problem.

        Oddly enough, I'm usually the guy with the back problems. Not this time,
        though.

        Cheers,
        RAH

        --