Back-up alarm

  • David Keasler
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
      I have a 2005 Prius and the back-up alarm is driving me nutso. How do I turn it off?

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
        Re: I have a 2005 Prius and the back-up alarm is driving me nutso. How do I
        turn it off?

        Is there any way to make the alarm OUTSIDE the car instead of IN? I KNOW
        I'm backing up. I'd prefer people outside were warned, not me!

        Michele

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2005
          There is a known procedure for defeating the beep in US cars, but ROW is SOL. (add to list of reasons to keep my 01)

          For outside alarm, buy one of the license plate frames which incorporates the transducer & is wired to a backup lamp socket.

          Re: I have a 2005 Prius and the back-up alarm is driving me nutso. How do I
          turn it off?

          Is there any way to make the alarm OUTSIDE the car instead of IN? I KNOW
          I'm backing up. I'd prefer people outside were warned, not me!

          Michele

          To access group's website features such as Files, Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
          http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius
          , Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
          http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • d0li0
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2005
            --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, David Keasler wrote:

            > I have a 2005 Prius and the back-up alarm is driving me nutso.
            > How do I turn it off?

            I suspect that perhaps you would like an answer, I keep'em handy here:
            http://www.seattleeva.org/wiki/User:Rjf/Prius_Modifications#Disabling_Reverse_Beep

            Power on the car, Cycle ODO/TRIP, stopping on ODO, Power off the car.
            Power on, within 6 seconds, hold ODO for at least 10 seconds.
            While still holding ODO shift into Reverse and back into Park.
            b-on shows on speedometer display, press ODO to cycle to "b-off".

            * from :
            [2](http://www.vfaq.net/FAQ-misc.html#reverse)
            [3](http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=948)
            [4](http://priuschat.com/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=7)
            [5](http://hybridcars.about.com/od/ownership/ht/priusbeepoff.htm)

            This also works for the seatbelt beep,
            replace shifting with buckling/un-buckling.

            L8r
            Ryan