Re: [toyota-prius] steering wheel noise?

  • JerryW
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hi, anonymous..

      On 10/31/05, connclan4 <connclan4@...> wrote:

      > I have a swishing or rubbing noise from my steering wheel. Is this normal
      > because my
      > dealership says it is and can't be fixed. Does anyone else have this
      > noise?

      My car does this on occasion. I believe it to be a noise all cars generate;
      but in a primitive car, you can't hear it because other noises drown it
      out..

      Regards

      Jerry

      Are you a Prius owner?
      Put yourself on the MAP!
      http://www.frappr.com/priusowners

    • pi31415926538
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
        --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "connclan4" <connclan4@a...>
        wrote:

        > I have a swishing or rubbing noise from my steering wheel. Is this
        normal because my
        > dealership says it is and can't be fixed. Does anyone else have
        this noise?

        *All* Toyotas occasionally make a rubbery squeaky noise from the
        steering column.. Some dealers will apply some sort of grease to the
        rubber bushings which will quiet the noise for a while, but it always
        comes back after a while..

        Not a big deal and it's not indicative of any kind of failure mode..
        Its as "normal" as any kind of odd noise can be, so I've just ignored
        it in all the Toyota vehicles I've owned/driven..
      • Fadi Zikoor
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
          I have a new inventory of 05 pkg1, pk3, and pkg6 Prius's available in any color for sale. Also, I'm taking orders for 06 prius's with factory leather.

          Call Tom at 714-323-2925 for more info and pricing.

          RAL187 Tustin