Re: [toyota-prius] Re: New 2005 Prius for sale

  • K. B. Eric Riddle
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2005
      Unless it has tags on it, and has been registered, its still "new". If its still "new" it still falls under the Federal Guidelines for delivery (as would any demostrator) under the current year delivery/tax plan. Immediate is the catchword here, as in service date is affected, warranty length is affected. Otherwise, if its carrying a dealer tag, its not registered, so its still new.
      Next point, price is no object to a serious future Pruis owner. My selling dealer had an '04 with 55,000 miles that lasted on the lot exactly 27 hours and sold for $24,995. My '05 package 4 LISTED for $25, 074, and sure, the '04 wa a pkg 6, but so what...I got the tax break.

      bobjbkln <bobjbkln@...> wrote:
      Why would anyone in their right mind pay the same price for a used
      car as for a new one? Add to that the important fact that used
      Priuses are not eligible for any of the tax benefits and it becomes
      hundreds of dollars more expensive than a new one.
      --
      Peace,
      bobj

      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, oscar rice
      wrote:

      > Greetings from the Big '' O'' , Oscar Rice, of Brad Hughes Toyota
      in Prestonsburg, Kentucky...we currently have a 2005 Prius available
      for sell......driven by the owners wife for 3,565 miles....and
      approximately 6 months.....this was one of our rental units...and is
      ready for immediate delivery...please call 1 877 886 3861 and ask
      for the Big '' O'' ......Oscar Rice.....you can E mail me at
      oscar_rice@y... can arrange delivery if possible, as we are about
      125 miles from Lexington Kentucky and the Bluegrass
      airport....thanking you in advance,........Oscar Rice......M.S.R.P.
      is $26,766.00.......and this is our asking price.

      To access group's website features such as Files, Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
      http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius
      , Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
      http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      K. B. Eric Riddle

    • stu_cogan
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
        I don't know about KY, but in PA, when last I looked, "rental units"
        don't carry dealer tags.

        --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "K. B. Eric Riddle"
        <riddlere@y...> wrote:

        > Unless it has tags on it, and has been registered, its still "new".
        If its still "new" it still falls under the Federal Guidelines for
        delivery (as would any demostrator) under the current year
        delivery/tax plan. Immediate is the catchword here, as in service
        date is affected, warranty length is affected. Otherwise, if its
        carrying a dealer tag, its not registered, so its still new.
        > Next point, price is no object to a serious future Pruis owner. My
        selling dealer had an '04 with 55,000 miles that lasted on the lot
        exactly 27 hours and sold for $24,995. My '05 package 4 LISTED for
        $25, 074, and sure, the '04 wa a pkg 6, but so what...I got the tax break.

        > bobjbkln <bobjbkln@h...> wrote:
        > Why would anyone in their right mind pay the same price for a used
        > car as for a new one? Add to that the important fact that used
        > Priuses are not eligible for any of the tax benefits and it becomes
        > hundreds of dollars more expensive than a new one.
        > --
        > Peace,
        > bobj
        >

        > --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, oscar rice
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Greetings from the Big '' O'' , Oscar Rice, of Brad Hughes Toyota
        > in Prestonsburg, Kentucky...we currently have a 2005 Prius available
        > for sell......driven by the owners wife for 3,565 miles....and
        > approximately 6 months.....this was one of our rental units...and is
        > ready for immediate delivery...please call 1 877 886 3861 and ask
        > for the Big '' O'' ......Oscar Rice.....you can E mail me at
        > oscar_rice@y... can arrange delivery if possible, as we are about
        > 125 miles from Lexington Kentucky and the Bluegrass
        > airport....thanking you in advance,........Oscar Rice......M.S.R.P.
        > is $26,766.00.......and this is our asking price.

        > To access group's website features such as Files, Photos, Links,
        Database and Polls, go to

        > K. B. Eric Riddle

      • K. B. Eric Riddle
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
          Usually employee courtesy cars (owners wifes car) are demonstrators.
          Cars used in dealership pools may be considered demonstrators if carrying
          only dealer tags and not registered. (The case at all three of the last dealers
          I purchased cars from);
          So which is it?
          Tag or not. Apparently you're it!

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
            BUT according to Toyota the "in service date" began when the TRAC was first used for that purpose, so one needs to know that or one will be SOL if one waits just a bit too long to sign up for the extended warranty (ask me how I know...)

            wrote:

            > Greetings from the Big '' O'' , Oscar Rice, of Brad Hughes Toyota
            in Prestonsburg, Kentucky...we currently have a 2005 Prius available
            for sell......driven by the owners wife for 3,565 miles....and
            approximately 6 months.....this was one of our rental units...and is
            ready for immediate delivery...please call 1 877 886 3861 and ask
            for the Big '' O'' ......Oscar Rice.....you can E mail me at
            oscar_rice@y... can arrange delivery if possible, as we are about
            125 miles from Lexington Kentucky and the Bluegrass
            airport....thanking you in advance,........Oscar Rice......M.S.R.P.
            is $26,766.00.......and this is our asking price.

            To access group's website features such as Files, Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
            http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius
            , Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
            http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            K. B. Eric Riddle

            , Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
            http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Woolf, Richard
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 1, 2005
              > Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:06:27 -0800 (PST)
              > From: oscar rice <oscar_rice@...>
              > Subject: New 2005 Prius for sale

              CAUTION: ADVERTISING AHEAD

              > Greetings from the Big '' O'' , Oscar Rice, of
              > Brad Hughes Toyota in Prestonsburg, Kentucky...
              > we currently have a 2005 Prius available for sell......
              > driven by the owners wife for 3,565 miles....and
              > approximately 6 months.....this was one of our
              > rental units...and is ready for immediate delivery...
              > please call 1 877 886 3861 and ask for the Big '' O'' ......
              > Oscar Rice.....you can E mail me at oscar_rice@.........
              > we can arrange delivery if possible, as we are about
              > 125 miles from Lexington Kentucky and the Bluegrass
              > airport....thanking you in advance,........
              > Oscar Rice......M.S.R.P. is $26,766.00.......
              > and this is our asking price.

              REPLY:

              How can you claim that this is a NEW car (per the subject line and
              M.S.R.P. price) when it is actually a USED rental vehicle? This e-mail
              seems very DISHONEST to me. And a reason to not consider responding to
              your post if I were looking for a new/used Prius. In fact, assuming
              this is standard practice, I would have to question ever purchasing any
              vehicle from Brad Hughes Toyota in Prestonsburg, Kentucky. This post
              makes the entire dealership seem rather slimy.

              - Rich, 2001 Aqua Ice Opalescent, 74,000+ miles, Cincinnati, Ohio