Re: [toyota-prius] Re: '01 Headlights

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2005
      Yes, also true. So, if you're going to park for WEEKS, it IS best to
      assure that the switch is in the OFF position.

      Of course, if you KNOW the 12V is getting weak, it's best to replace it
      before it lets you down anyway!

      Pete (nearly 5 years on the OEM 12V)

      dldorrance wrote:

      > One caveat here. Leaving the lights ON increases parasitic currents.
      > In the setting of a weak 12 volt battery, this can lead to premature
      > battery failure.
      >
      > Dave '01 Prius
      >
      > --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, Peter Blackford <PriusPete@e...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >>Yes! Quite well known, actually. I haven't turned off my
      >> headlights in nearly 5 years.
    • George Comeau
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2005
        Hi All,
        Yes some time ago car started right up, headlites lights went on just
        like you, I was going to try what you did but forgot about doing it.
        Geo.