hybird warning light and check engine at same time

  • sandra
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2005
      Hi there,

      Coming out of lurking to ask a question... anyone experienced both the
      check engine and hybird warning signals coming on at the same time
      when doing a very quick start and drive away in hot weather? I was
      trying to get out of the way of a big truck from my parking spot today
      and experienced this. Restared 3 times with same lights. Drove it 100
      meters and stopped for 5 mins and restarted and all was clear. I don't
      have a code reader and not sure if I want to take it into Toyota. Had
      to replace pedal accelerator last year (out of warranty -ouch!). My
      baby is a 2001.

      thanks,
      Sandra
    • priustek
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2005
        It's possible that you shifted out of "Park" before the "Ready" light
        came on. If no lights come on now just keep driving it.