Finally I got my deposit down...

  • jade@primenet.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2000
      I decided I couldn't wait any longer and pulled out the credit card.
      It might be October 1st, a whole month, before I have enough extra
      cash in the bank account to pay off the $1000 deposit and with wait
      times increasing, I decided to just put it on a credit card. Thanks
      to somebody on the list here in Arizona who emailed me off the list I
      was able to find a good dealer. It was actually at Tempe Toyota where
      I had my first very bad experience which some jerk who told me he
      couldn't even sell me one, told me he'd meet me at the Prius for a
      test drive, and then blew me off. I did a purchase request off the
      prius.toyota.com web page and took that in to Tempe Toyota and asked
      to speak with one of the Prius/Internet Sale people, skipping the
      vultures outside, and going straight to the recptionist's desk. I got
      Jim Quantara who was awesome. He actually paid attention in his Prius
      training class, though I knew everything he told me, he kept
      explaining all the features to me and got it all correct. Then he let
      me take the car for 5 hours. I got to spend half an hour figuring out
      how and if my son;s car seat goes in firm and snug. I got to let my
      dad drive it when I picked my son up. My wife drove it and so did her
      sister. Everyone agreed that it drove like a dream and was very
      pleasant to drive. Which was nice as I like others on this list have
      taken some flack for being so obsessed with the car. I drove my wife
      back to the dealer and we looked at the Electric Green Mica Echo to
      help decide which color we wanted. Once that was done it was a quick
      15 minutes to fill out the forms and run my credit card for the
      deposit. He knew exactly what needed to be done and made it as quick
      and pleasant as possible.

      The only bad news is that he said he just spoke with the regional
      manager in Denver and the current wait time is up to 4-5 months from
      3 months, not his fault, mine for waiting.

      -Daanon