Report after 1700 miles

  • jim@humboldt1.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      I've had my Prius for several weeks and a bit over 1700 miles driven.
      I've been through 4 fill-ups, and a long trip (900 miles) with my
      family. I've also washed it twice. Impressions: The car is doing
      well. I've averaged about 43.5 mpg in real fill-up the tank and and
      figure out the mileage type figures. (This is about 2-3 mpg less
      than
      the display has read out). I do almost exclusively highway driving,
      so
      this isn't far from the rated figures. The car has plenty of power
      on
      hills (Hwy 17 was a snap and you should have seen the E's generated
      on
      the screen on the way down). The car is roomy, with plenty of room
      for the four of us on our trip. The finish is quite nice, and cleans
      easily. Problems: There is a high pitched whine coming from the
      engine or motor when traveling over 70 mph. It stops when I take my
      foot off the accelerator pedal. It sure could use cruise control on
      long trip. There is a small rattle coming from the dashboard
      somewhere. My overall impression- it's a fine car, fun to drive, and
      a good choice. Jim