RE: [toyota-prius] Synthetic Oil and a New Prius...

  • Yoder, Chris
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2004
      Stupid question I have: Why not just say 3 quarts?

      Yeah, you're running a 1/2 quart 'low' at that point, but it's still a
      1/2 quart above the fill line... Assuming that you don't burn or leak any
      oil, is there a real harm in that?

      Here's why I ask: I'm used to oil coming in quart containers, and
      splitting one is a bit of a pain, especially for somebody who just wants to
      get your car in and out as fast as possible so that they can get to the next
      car. I don't know that the oil dispensers at Jiffy Lube are able to do 1/2
      quarts. (If they *can* do 1/2 quarts, please let me know! :-) )

      I haven't done an oil change in my Prius yet not at the dealer, and my
      dealer hasn't screwed up and put too much oil in (I've checked.) (For the 6
      years prior to that I didn't have to worry about oil at *ALL*. :-) I miss
      my EV1. :-( ) However, after the service I need to get next week and the
      one 6 months from then I'll have to start paying for them.

      -- Chris Yoder Smog, Just say NO!
      Director, Information Services, DAR Drive electric today.
      chris_yoder@... http://www.its.caltech.edu/~rcy/

      Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
      ~Jennifer Yane