RE: [toyota-prius] New car mileage

  • Yoder, Chris
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2004
      I noticed that my Classic (2002) was getting around 2 mpg less than I
      expected on my last fill, so I checked the tire pressure. Looked like the
      service people 'helpfully' checked my tire pressure when it was in for the
      battery recall -- they were at the official 35/33. Looks like something
      *else* I'll have to specify & check every time I go in.

      I boosted that to 42/40 and mileage is back up where I expect it.

      -- Chris Yoder Smog, Just say NO!
      Director, Information Services, DAR Drive electric today.
      chris_yoder@... http://www.its.caltech.edu/~rcy/

      Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
      ~Jennifer Yane
    • richard walton
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 2, 2004
        At least they know what the official numbers are. When I get mine back from
        unrelated service calls, they have had it at 34 all around. . .
        Richard
        2004 Silver No Cal Total Miles 8,578

        Most Recent MPG (Screen) 47.10
        Overall Average MPG (Screen) 50.12 Winter Average MPG (Screen) 47.69
        Most recent price per gallon $ 2.179

        | I noticed that my Classic (2002) was getting around 2 mpg less than I
        | expected on my last fill, so I checked the tire pressure. Looked like the
        | service people 'helpfully' checked my tire pressure when it was in for the
        | battery recall -- they were at the official 35/33. Looks like something
        | *else* I'll have to specify & check every time I go in.
        |
        | I boosted that to 42/40 and mileage is back up where I expect it.
        |
        | -- Chris Yoder Smog, Just say NO!
        | Director, Information Services, DAR Drive electric today.
        | chris_yoder@... http://www.its.caltech.edu/~rcy/
        |
        | Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
        | ~Jennifer Yane
        |

        | To access group's website features such as Files, Photos, Links, Database
        and Polls, go to
        | http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius
        | , Photos, Links, Database and Polls, go to
        | http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/toyota-prius
        |
        | Yahoo! Groups Links

      • richard walton
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 2, 2004
          At least they know what the official numbers are. When I get mine back from
          unrelated service calls that do not involve anything related to checking
          tires, they have had it at 34 all around. . .