Hybrid battery tech question

  • Ed & Ruth Young
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30 1:16 PM
      Got into a discussion regarding the 2004 Prius and it's electrically
      powered air conditioning compressor. I was asked about the hybrid
      battery. Can anybody answer this person's question for me?

      Thanks in advance.....

      Hey Ed, what battery technology is used in these things ???? Are we
      talking nickel-cadmium, nickel-metal hydride, flooded lead-acid,
      recombinant lead-acid, lithium-ion, etc. I looking for energy density
      figures. Watt hours or ampere hours per pound or per unit volume.
      .........Reed
    • Michelle Vadeboncoeur
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30 9:03 PM
        --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, Ed & Ruth Young <lotusracer@m...> wrote:
        > Got into a discussion regarding the 2004 Prius and it's electrically
        > powered air conditioning compressor. I was asked about the hybrid
        > battery. Can anybody answer this person's question for me?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.....

        Hybrid traction battery on all Toyota hybrids is NiMH.

        see: http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/2005/prius/specs.html

        info on the battery used for the Prius is here:
        http://www.toyota.co.jp/en/tech/environment/ths2/power.html
        http://www.peve.panasonic.co.jp/catalog/e_kaku.html
      • Julian Sinton
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
          More information available in post 73038 on this group:

          Regards,
          Julian.