Silver

  • nancy@nancyart.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2000
      Congrats on your delivery! 'Seems too good to be true when I read
      about these cars actually showing up. I ordered on July 14th, but I
      don't know about any email, except that the dealership confirmed my
      order for the CD option. I was hoping for a late September delivery,
      but reading these postings makes me wonder.
      I've seen all the colors except silver. On the brochure it looked
      like a medium gray, but the color sample in the back looked like
      plain charcoal. Can you tell me if it's closer to the other Toyota
      silvers, which are very light metallic? Thanks.

      Nancy Chien-Eriksen
      www.nancyart.com
    • Benjamin Young
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 30, 2000
        I will let you know when I take delivery tomorrow (if all goes well).
        However, I did see a silver Prius a few months ago, and if I remember
        correctly it was slightly darker than the Avalon or Camry's "lunar
        mist." Still, it is much lighter than the charcoal-like sample in the
        back of the brochure.

        The Prius ads that were in magazines a few weeks ago all featured
        silver cars but they also seemed much darker than in reality. If
        you've seen a silver Echo, I think it's the exact same color (the
        same applies for the not-so-electric "dark green mica"). I hope to be
        able to let you know for sure very soon!

        Benjamin

        -----------------------------
        > I've seen all the colors except silver. On the brochure it looked
        > like a medium gray, but the color sample in the back looked like
        > plain charcoal. Can you tell me if it's closer to the other Toyota
        > silvers, which are very light metallic?
      • Aaron Wright
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 30, 2000
          My opinion of the silver (I test drove one yesterday) is that it's more of a
          sandy silver, or even more like a tan or taupe mixed with silver. It's
          definitely not like the other Toyota silvers. The other silvers are more of
          a light metallic.

          I was hoping that the silver would be more like the other Toyota silvers, or
          even better, like the silver on the new beetle or new Audis. I placed my
          order for silver gambling that it might be like that. I got the call that my
          silver Prius is in Long Beach, and when I expressed some hesitation about
          the color, the representative tracked down a dealer with a silver one 60
          miles away so that I could see it first hand. They said they wouldn't put
          the car on a train until I let them know. Now that I know for sure what it
          looks like, I'm going to call back and tell them to switch my order to the
          dark green, even though that might push me to the back of the line.

          -Aaron

        • gibsonc@fusion.gat.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 31, 2000
            > "Now that I know for sure what it looks like, I'm going to
            >call back and tell them to switch my order to the dark green,
            >even though that might push me to the back of the line."
            >
            > -Aaron

            Aaron,

            Yesterday a message (#922) was posted on the yahoo.club Prius site by
            Shiftdown. She just got THE CALL but was told that she could not get
            her first choice, silver, and would instead get a dark green Prius.
            Since she also lives in southern california, maybe you two can work
            something out.

            Chuck
          • shiftdown@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 31, 2000
              aaron - I got the dark green and told my dealer my taking delivery
              was dependent on me seeing the color in person. email me at
              shiftdown@... and maybe we will both be happy now instead of
              waiting till january-february next year.
              the yahoo board message:

              I got the call last week, southern ca, but they said i didn't get
              silver (first choice) but i got the electric green mica
              (2nd choice). I confirmed with my dealer yesterday. I know a lot
              of people are still waiting and I'm "lucky" to get
              the call so soon, but I'm really concerned about the green
              color. I picked it over the web, so of course it's not
              really accurate, but I still think I would like the silver
              better. I'm going to suck it up and see the car in person and
              then decide, though I suspect I will get it because if i don't
              the dealer said he would have to reorder and I get
              bumped to the back of the line.
              Has anyone also not gotten their first color choice? anyone
              wanna trade a green one for a silver one?
              :-D

              --- In toyota-prius@egroups.com, gibsonc@f... wrote:
              > > "Now that I know for sure what it looks like, I'm going to
              > >call back and tell them to switch my order to the dark green,
              > >even though that might push me to the back of the line."
              > >
              > > -Aaron
              >
              > Aaron,
              >
              > Yesterday a message (#922) was posted on the yahoo.club Prius site
              by
              > Shiftdown. She just got THE CALL but was told that she could not
              get
              > her first choice, silver, and would instead get a dark green Prius.

              > Since she also lives in southern california, maybe you two can work
              > something out.
              >
              > Chuck
            • Benjamin Young
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31, 2000
                I got my silver Prius today as planned. I really like the color,
                although it is quite a bit darker than Toyota's usual "lunar mist,"
                as I stated earlier. I personally much prefer the silver to the green.

                The car drives beautifully and performs as well as - if not better
                than - my former V6. I agree with earlier posts regarding certain
                aspects: the shifting lever takes getting used to and the brakes
                react to the slightest touch.

                I gathered the floor mats were nice from other posts but did not
                realize the leaf logo is actually embroidered in green... nice touch!
                I have not experienced any CD skipping and the car is fairly roomy,
                even for someone 6'4.

                My dealer also got a white one today, so it looks like things are
                finally moving in the LA area.

                Benjamin

                P.S. For those of you who were admiring the SULEV leaf car logo
                sticker, it was on the cars my dealer got, as well as an "eat my
                voltage" slogan sticker (intact, to be added at the customer's
                discretion).