CBS Evening News

  • kellyfl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29 7:58 PM
      I visited the CBS website and found a "contact us" button at the bottom, I
      wrote to say that if they wanted to criticize the EPA rating system why didn't
      they just do so and if they wanted to rate hybrids, why did they choose the
      Honda's statistics but show the Prius? I suggested bias and indicated that this
      makes their news reporting suspect. I said that my Prius gets just under 45
      mpg city and IF it is really rated at 60 mpg city, this is a discrepancy of far
      less a percentage than my Chevy van which gets 8 to 9 mpg city and is rated
      for 18 mpg city, a 50% discrepancy. So why not criticize Chevy? I think
      everyone offended by this reporting should write.

    • priusowner2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
        I agree with this. The bit also depicted Prius in a negitive
        way, which kind of ticked me off. I think CBS did it because The
        Big 3 were / are probably trying to sue them because they constantly
        RIP the big three....ofcourse I love every minute of it. There was
        one news bit about 5 months ago showing Cuban refugees in a make-
        shift 1950's chevy car - pontoon which had paddles on the wheels, and
        after the coast gaurd detected them and rounded them up, the boat was
        deemed a hazard to ships and sunk "LIKE A ROCK" accoridng to Dan
        Rather......with emphasis and pause in saying it. ...... that was
        a big time LOL moment.....anybody else catch that????

        --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, kellyfl@a... wrote:
        > I visited the CBS website and found a "contact us" button at the
        bottom, I
        > wrote to say that if they wanted to criticize the EPA rating system
        why didn't
        > they just do so and if they wanted to rate hybrids, why did they
        choose the
        > Honda's statistics but show the Prius? I suggested bias and
        indicated that this
        > makes their news reporting suspect. I said that my Prius gets just
        under 45
        > mpg city and IF it is really rated at 60 mpg city, this is a
        discrepancy of far
        > less a percentage than my Chevy van which gets 8 to 9 mpg city and
        is rated
        > for 18 mpg city, a 50% discrepancy. So why not criticize Chevy? I
        think
        > everyone offended by this reporting should write.

      • Romain Kang
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
          Is there an easy way to find out which of the auto manufacturers
          uses the most advertising time on CBS in general, and the Evening
          News in particular?

          Romain