Re: [toyota-prius] Bath time..

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      Bill Powell wrote:

      > Whoever maintains the "guess your MPG" list might want to add those
      > factors along with a -1 MPG for having a dirty car: It does "spoil"
      > the aerodynamics a little bit! Besides, it gives other Prius drivers
      > a bad name!
      >
      > Spoken the day before taking his for it's FIRST bath,

      Those of you in cold climates (who know what it's like to find the
      doors frozen shut after a cold-weather wash down...), and those of
      us in water restricted areas (I'm sure Mark can relate...), here's
      a suggestion:

      There are some good "waterless car wash" products out there. I
      was a skeptic, but my older son (whose car always looks great)
      suggested it -- happy to say it works! Last w/e I got the Prius
      looking showroom nice without using a drop of that OTHER precious
      resource.

      I can name names if anyone is interested...

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
        <warning - some commercial content>

        Well, OK, so it contains a bit of wax and some solvents &
        polymeric glaze... but not even any propellants... just a pump
        spray & wipe off, then buff the light haze. It took me less than
        an hour to do the Prius, including door jambs, trunk edges, even
        some spots under the hood. (boy is that spoiler a pia to wax
        under!)

        Heavy dirt may be more difficult, but even wheel wells have been
        OK so far.. takes brake dust off the wheels too.

        I've had frozen doors up north, and wish I'd had some of this
        stuff then.
        My son <see warning above> has been dealing in it, so I'll admit
        to some prejudice. Anyone like to give it a try to validate my
        observations?

        Pete / Naples (another way to avoid frozen doors... ;-) )