Re: Extended Warranty Worthwhile Question

  • Troy
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 18, 2003
      Thanks Michelle, for mentioning me in your posts regarding the Toyota
      Service agreements.

      I noticed however, that you have been posting that the best price you
      have seen is $740.00 for the 7/75/0....Just to let everyone know, I
      have been selling that plan for less than that since I posted my
      offer to the group about a year ago......and there is no tax on
      service contracts here in MA.

      Also, you do not have to be the orginal owner or have purchased the
      car new to qualify. The vehicle just has to be still under the
      original 3/36k factory warranty.

      And one last thing, I recently discovered I can also sell Lexus Extra
      Care plans, I tried it as a test for another member of this group
      that had a Lexus as well as a Prius, and it went through with no
      problems at all.

      Hope you have a wonderful and safe Holiday!

      Troy

      --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle Vadeboncoeur"
      <mrv@k...> wrote:

      > Here's my default info about the extended warranty:
      >
      > You can buy the Toyota Extra Care (Platinum Plan) from any dealer
      (not
      > just where you bought the car from). If you are the original owner
      and
      > purchased the car new, you can purchase the extended warranty any
      time
      > before 3 years or 36,000miles (from the in-service date), so you
      have time
      > to decide.
      >
      > The best price I've seen discussed on other Prius Yahoo groups is
      $740
      > (+tax) or $735 (unknown tax) for the 7/75,000/$0 deductible
      warranty and
      > $980 (no or unknown tax) for the 7/100,000/$0 warranty, although
      some
      > people have seen less elsewhere...
      >
      > Here are links with details for the above prices:
      >
      > A copy of my extended warranty:
      >
      > More info here:

      http://www.toyotafinancial.com/pyv/extended_service_coverage/n_index.h
      tml
    • fergus97
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 19, 2004
        --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "tegb52" <tegb52@y...> wrote:

        > > More info here:

        http://www.toyotafinancial.com/pyv/extended_service_coverage/n_index.h
        > tml
        >
        > I'll put in another good word for Troy. Bought the 7/75,000/$0
        > deductible for $685 at the end of October 2003. The transaction
        > was quick, easy and no hassle.

        I have also recently purchased a 7/100,000/$0 warranty from Troy
        Dietrich of Toyota of Greenfield (MA). As the other poster said, the
        transaction was quick and simple, so I can recommend buying from this
        dealership. Mr. Dietrich says he is able to sell the warranties at
        these prices only as long as he can attract a certain volume of
        business. He will sell you a warranty no matter where you are (I'm
        in California).
      • phxprius
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 20, 2004
          I would add my thanks to and endorsement for Troy Dietrich of
          Greenfield Toyota of Greenfield, MA. I purchased a 7/100,000/$0
          warranty from him via e-mail and a letter. The transaction was
          honest, quick and efficient. So, THANKS TROY.

          Phxprius

          --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "amntheflow" <amntheflow@y...>