Re: [04 Prius] Disable reverse beep and seat belt beep???

  • kevin_r_f
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      > > Can this be done?
      >
      > I don't know about the seat belt beep (you *should* be wearing your
      > seat belt, and the beep goes away if you're wearing your seat belt),
      > but the reverse beep has been noted various times.

      On the classic it is easy to disable the seatbelt beep. Wander over to
      your local junk yard and find a wrecked prius (would a corolla work ?)
      and get the buckles from it. It should be easy to spot a good donor
      vehicle ... the seatbelts in vehicles that look like someone launched
      a watermelon through the window have never been used.

      I will admit the weight sensor in the passenger seat is annoying. I
      can not count the times I have buckled up my groceries just to turn
      off the seatbelt light.

      Kevin '02 Moon Blue Pearl
    • Karl
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        --- kevin_r_f <kevin_r_f@...> wrote:
        > can not count the times I have buckled up my
        > groceries just to turn
        > off the seatbelt light.

        I actually tend to buckle up pretty much anything I
        can to minimize the chance of missile damage during a
        collision (or even abrupt braking - a hard stop to
        avoid a collision resulted in a glass bottle exploding
        against the dash once).

        I'd prefer a net, but I haven't found one yet.

        Karl

        =====

        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
        http://companion.yahoo.com/
      • Hal Day
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003
          I've tried the posted procedure repeatedly...doesn't work! Beeper still
          shrieks in my ears.

          Hal
          '04 Millenium Silver w/#9