[04 Prius] Disable reverse beep and seat belt beep???

  • dougkm
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2003
      Can this be done?

      Thanks,

      Doug
    • Michelle Vadeboncoeur
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        --- In toyota-prius@yahoogroups.com, "dougkm" <dmakishi@p...> wrote:
        > Can this be done?

        I don't know about the seat belt beep (you *should* be wearing your
        seat belt, and the beep goes away if you're wearing your seat belt),
        but the reverse beep has been noted various times.

        This was listed in the 2004-prius group's Links (Bookmarks) section:
        Reverse beep/buzzer
        Instructions on how to turn off the reverse buzzer
        http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/2004-prius/message/6989

        (Note, this info is for the 2004 Prius, and the reverse beep is only
        heard *inside* the car, not outside.)
      • kevin_r_f
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
          > > Can this be done?
          >
          > I don't know about the seat belt beep (you *should* be wearing your
          > seat belt, and the beep goes away if you're wearing your seat belt),
          > but the reverse beep has been noted various times.

          On the classic it is easy to disable the seatbelt beep. Wander over to
          your local junk yard and find a wrecked prius (would a corolla work ?)
          and get the buckles from it. It should be easy to spot a good donor
          vehicle ... the seatbelts in vehicles that look like someone launched
          a watermelon through the window have never been used.

          I will admit the weight sensor in the passenger seat is annoying. I
          can not count the times I have buckled up my groceries just to turn
          off the seatbelt light.

          Kevin '02 Moon Blue Pearl
        • Karl
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
            --- kevin_r_f <kevin_r_f@...> wrote:
            > can not count the times I have buckled up my
            > groceries just to turn
            > off the seatbelt light.

            I actually tend to buckle up pretty much anything I
            can to minimize the chance of missile damage during a
            collision (or even abrupt braking - a hard stop to
            avoid a collision resulted in a glass bottle exploding
            against the dash once).

            I'd prefer a net, but I haven't found one yet.

            Karl

            =====

            Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
            http://companion.yahoo.com/
          • Hal Day
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003
              I've tried the posted procedure repeatedly...doesn't work! Beeper still
              shrieks in my ears.

              Hal
              '04 Millenium Silver w/#9