Smog Test in California

  • Kirk Stitt
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
      I am selling my 2001 Prius and preparing to take delivery on the
      2004 model. I tried to get a smog test (required for change of
      ownership in Calif) at my local dealer. I was surprised to find out
      that the Prius must be tested by a "referee" at a special location.
      The toll free number for this test is 800-622-7733. It's necessary
      to call for an appointment and may take a week to get in. If you
      are in a hurry to sell, you may want to accomplish this before you
      close a sale.
    • M.S. Dickerson
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2003
        A referee? - Cool. Not only is California getting another actor
        possibly for a Governor, but is using football refs, for smog
        tests. "SMOKING!!" "25yards!!"....

        cool.

        steve d.
        02 super white 47300 miles